Friday, March 4, 2011

What do you feel?

     I want all of your opinions on the subject. Good bad, neutral, hatred, or love; it doesn't really matter. My personal opinion on this subject is that the school systems are, right now, outrageously  out of shape compared to what they should be. Students are failing left and right, I know plenty of dropouts, and grades can slip very easily due to teachers who don't seem to grade things students do good on.

     If schools were in shape right now students would be on par with those of both  Japan and India and we could easily be #1-3 in the field of education, but as of right now we're #11. Our country is quickly becoming lethargic and lazy as well as the average student becoming less intellectual compared to the average foreign student in most well-developed countries. I say it's time we step up to bat and make a large change to our school systems now.

     Just as annoying to me there is failure and dropouts everywhere these days. Two of my best friends both dropped out in 9th grade and another in 10th grade, so I've come to be incredibly annoyed with the schools as I know that both of my friends were incredibly intelligent, though the school system seems to think otherwise as they both were branded as bad students for their low performance.

     Next we have teachers who don't grade properly. I currently do have a teacher (Names shall not be spoken), who does not grade the work that students do painstakingly and manage to usually get all the answers right. (If you're wondering, the students grade each other's work, though none of us actually get a grade for it....) This annoys me heavily because it implies that both I'm able to do the work in this class, but I fail the class due to some minor assignments that are made incredibly hard to finish. It seems to me like they're purposely trying to make us fail...

Well, that's all I have to say for now, so I hope you felt what I feel through this rant. It feels good the vent everywhere once in a while ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment