Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Student Issues

      I'm making this post about yet another opinion on the school system. I believe that the school system is deteriorating and that students are quickly losing all interest in school whatsoever. I find myself in class these days with a blank expression on my face, half-awake in class with drool flooding out of my mouth because I'm to bored to even close my mouth. I don't think it's only me with this problem, as I find that most other students have the same faces and expressions as I do when I'm listening to a teacher ramble on about some nonsense they'll be teaching 2nd graders in 10 years time.

     Both myself and my fellow students seem to have the same opinions about the school systems; that they do not teach us well enough and give us meaningless material which will not benefit us in life. I've talked with plenty of students over the 3 years I've been in high school and all of them seem to have the same idea that school is pretty much like a jail, but with worse food. If anybody can change their opinions on this matter I think it would have to be another student or them by themselves.

     School has quickly become dull and with less excitement students feel they have no motive to learn, causing them to drag behind and become mellow and underachievers. I really think that the school system should really stand up and take a part in the system which they decided to create for our learning experience. Then again, what would happen if no students were motivated enough to do anything and the school system rotted altogether? We would have a new school system them and definitely some changes....

2 comments:

  1. I agree, it has become extremely dull with students exciting standards. With the increase of technology there needs to be a better system of teaching. I have talked to many students in adult ed and they all say the same response "I learn better in adult ed then in regular school". I think it’s because adult ed gets straight to the point and is self taught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because we both have the same adult ed class I know what you're talking about. Every day I see students able to goof off and be able to finish a year's worth of school assignments in pretty much just 3-6 weeks time. This is seriously outrageous compared to the months spent on learning just a few lessons to the few days spent in adult ed.

    ReplyDelete